Saturday, May 23, 2009

Free Lunch with Move-in

I love signage. Really love it.

There is a storage facility I drive past every day. It is next to "Massage by Val" which is oddly always packed late at night, but deserted during the day hours. Maybe she isn't the happy ending girl; maybe she is just a vampire massage therapist.

The little storage facility isn't a chain. No, "The Best Little Warehouse in Texas" (I so wish I had made that up) is a gate with a vacant lot and a couple of steel building where you can dump your boyfriend's junk when you get pissed at him, park an RV, or I'm pretty sure they will let you hole up an elderly relative there without calling the police.

A new sign popped up outside the warehouse "Free Lunch with Move-in." Since this isn't a nice, climate controlled U-haul facility, I'm thinking they probably aren't handing out $15 Chipotle gift cards. So what exactly does a free lunch get you? Does Merv, the 2nd shifter, hand you a five? Or does he split off half his egg salad sandwich his wife made and share with you? I'm not sure I really want Merv's egg salad. And where is the logic in offering food when you are leasing a storage unit? Wouldn't "one month free" be a more logical offering. Does my salon offer free balance and rotate of my tires when I get a cut & highlight? No. (Although, I'm thinking that would be a great double errand stop)

I will admit the sign certainly has done its job. It has created interest, but I don't think I'm going to be needing a trashy storage unit any time soon, let alone any food Merv is offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment