Monday, March 16, 2009

I dub the Sir Claire

Long day here at the house, and it is only 1pm. Ahhh...finally nap time.

Bean and I ventured out to get the oil changed on my car and an inspection. Have you ever noticed if it takes them like 2 hours to do something that should take like 45 minutes? I was all ready to threaten to let the baby scream in their bay if they didn't put a move on, but I tried the "flies with honey" version first. The guy said it would take about 35 - 45 minutes. I very happily said, "Good. This little lady doesn't sit for long well." We played in the lobby an soon my car some swooping up to the front. The tech comes in, "How fast was that?" he asks. I look at my watch - 16 minutes! I shower him with redneck compliments like telling him he could work for Junior's pit crew.

After a trip the Target and the library she was pretty much toast, but she hadn't crawled in hours, so I had to let her boogie on the carpet while I put away groceries and made my lunch. Ok, so I wasn't exactly Mom-of-the-Year quality watching her, but the dog was in there with her! When I checked on her after about 2 minutes, this is what I found...


She had crawled into the entry way (this is Columbus-style exploration in Baby World) and snatched a wrapping paper tube I was saving to make a jousting lance (I'm a teacher - I do weird crap like that). She was crawling back into the living room with it under her arm. Them's some spiffy moves for someone who can't figure out how to get a blanket off her face.

1 comment: