Thursday, March 19, 2009

Peep Wars!!!!!

Since it is officially the first day of Spring, I would like to ensure you know about Peep Wars.

I knew that if you put marshmallows in the microwave they expand. It is fun to watch when making "Urban S'mores" (using a Kenmore 1000 watt instead of a campfire). So, it only makes sense that if you put a marshmallow Peep into the microwave, they too will expand. Fun. Now, I've since learned that people have taken this to a whole new level - Peep Wars.

You take two marshmallow Peeps, insert a toothpick into each like a sword (I thought those little swizzle swords from cocktails woudl be super cool!) and see which one stabs first. You can also go until the toothpick sword causes a "blow out". So much fun!


Here is an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I18FIrE5xfk


In my research for this blog, I found out many things. Some of which will need to be covered in another post. But for starters:


1. YouTube is still awesome. You can spend hours looking at Peep Wars footage and never have to scrub burned marhsmallow out of your microwave.
2. There are lots of things you can put in the microwave that are cool like:


  • Grapes to make cool electrical arc / fire. I'm thinking, "Dude...grapes make fire?"
  • A bar of soap. It foams up like that bondo stuff in a can. So nifty.
  • Individual potato chip bags; chips & crumbs removed. In 8 second it shrinks them into tiny bags.

3. Peeps are an art form. People get crazy about these little guys. Love them or hate them, there isn't alot of middle ground. I think they are cute, but I don't eat them.

So please, get your Peeps and get fighting. It's Peep War season!

No comments:

Post a Comment