Friday, April 10, 2009

About My Bathroom

Recently, I've added super-couponing skills by becoming a "sampler," requesting free samples offered by companies. Originally, I started so that I could get the high-value coupons that accompany most samples, but then I got addicted. Every week there is something other than bills in my mailbox! Surprise - a coconut macadamia nut granola bar. Surprise - a Kotex maxi-pad. Surprise - a tooth whitening strip. Surprise - a free trash bag. Fun stuff, I'm telling ya'.

Today I got the most odd sample I have yet to request. Cotonelle toilet paper. When I requested it I was curious what form the sample would come in. Just a few sheets? A single average roll? Nope. This, a single use mini-roll that won't even fit on the dispenser.

I honestly can't figure out what to do with it. Should I use it up in one sitting? Put it in the car for runny noses? Tuck it in the towel cabinet next to the toilet to avert a "running to the hall closet with pants around your ankles hoping you don't drip" crisis? I guess if this is one of the biggests questions in my life right now, I'm doing pretty good.

Since family is coming over for Easter, I decided to clean the bathroom. Just a general once-over: scrub the toilet, wipe the counter, take a rag over baseboards & tub caulk. As I start, I find the handheld blacklight in there and decide to investigate.

Asside: Why, you ask, do I have a handheld blacklight in my bathroom? I ask you, why YOU don't? Actually, we thought Claire had ringworm, and ringworm floresceses under blacklight, so I brought home my school blacklight (used for my CSI unit) to check out Claire without a $25 co-pay. She's worm free by the way.

I advise you, never, ever, look at your bathroom under the blacklight. Gross! Many body fluids floresce, and you have to really scrub - with bleach - to get it truly clean. It took alot longer than I would have liked and I'm sure Brad was wondering what the hell I was doing in the bathroom with the blacklight and a ratty old cleaning toothbrush while bleach fumes waft out into the hall.

Just another lively Friday night in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment