Monday, April 13, 2009

Air Guitar is Never Cool

I shouldn't try to delude myself. Air guitar is never cool.

I was rocking out with Claire in the car listening to "Surrender" by Cheap Trick. I pretty much rock that song on Guitar Hero -- even on Medium. So while at the stop light I start playing the bass line, strumming and hitting the imaginary buttons. Then I stop. Wait. Can people in the cars beside me tell that I'm playing the electronic video game version? Or does it look like I'm really cool and actually play guitar?

I'm one smokin' hot momma, so I decide that it definitely looks like I'm playing real guitar, so I continue. Suddenly, I realize: I'm playing air guitar in a parked car. Whether it is PlayStation 3 or Gipson, it is still a very uncool air guitar. I stop.

I can hear Claire humming to the bass line, "Mommy's alright. She just seems a little weird."

No comments:

Post a Comment