Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bite Me

Why didn't someone tell me about Baby Orajel before teeth #6 & #7? This stuff is awesome!!!

Previously, the sitter and others, had told me that Baby Orajel or the other numbing medication for teething was a waste. It only numbs them for a second and then they drool it all out.

Monday, I went to the dentist for myself and my AWESOME friend Carrie went along to take care of Beanie while I got all polished. They waited in the waiting room until a 6 year old girl Claire had been staring at left the waiting room for her appointment. The loss of her new friend sent her into a screaming fit I (and everyone else) could hear in the back of the office. The hygenist, who was on her first day back from maternity leave, told me to go get the baby and she could sit with Carrie on the window box.

Claire was fine for a few seconds, but really wanted to sit on Mommy, so she did. My dentist is amazing too. She came in for my inspection, and went gaga for Claire. Doesn't everyone? Dr. Brown has an almost 2 year old, so I felt confident she felt my pain and wasn't pissed that an 11 month old was in her office. Everything was great with my teeth, and Claire sat there so nicely in my lap while she did my exam. If fact, the doctor told me to bring her next time so that she seems Mommy and Daddy getting dental work done and it won't be a big deal when it is time for her to have her cleaning in another year or so. Shouldn't ALL doctors do this!!! I tell you, my dentist is worth the high price tag.

In addition, she looked at Claire's new teeth, gave us a new toothbrush teether (it brushes while it soothes and they can't stab themselves like normal brushes!!!), baby floss, baby toothpaste, counsel on a frenulum issue, and tips on teething - like using "All Night" Baby Orajel. I basically got a $100 visit for free because she was on my lap!

I was skeptical of the orajel, so I didn't use it until this morning. I saw tooth #7 for the first time and she has been fussing and biting and driving my crazy! At my wits end, I put a little orajel on her two newest teething areas. No joking --- and INSTANT smile. She even laid her head on me and I put her in her crib for an early nap. Poor thing. She probably can't sleep because of the teeth and is exhausted.

After all that, I kind of need a nap. Unfortunately, about the time I lie down she'll wake up. That is the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment